On Saturday, September 17th, we will hold our fourth annual Chili Challenge, a festive event with local chefs rolling up their sleeves and competing for the title of “Best Chili.”
All three firehouses – Darien, Noroton and Noroton Heights – and 10 (community/neighborhood) restaurants and grocers – Abello’s Deli, Bodega Taco Bar, Darien Diner, Darien Social, Fjord Fish Market, Jimmy’s Southside Tavern, Michael Joseph’s Catering, Rory’s Restaurant, Ten Twenty Post, and Whole Foods – will create unique chili recipes and serve them to our guests and distinguished judges – Amanda Smith (of Amanda Smith Caterers), Megan Ruppenstein (of Four Forks), Rob Williamson (of Uncle’s Deli), and First Selectman Jayme Stevenson.
- Dancing to live music courtesy of the Truck Stop Troubadours
- A silent auction featuring many wonderful, valuable items and packages
- Spirits, games and a mechanical bull to keep everyone entertained
- Vegetarian and fish options
- Additional culinary tastings from the Darien Cheese Shop and El Placerito Taco Truck
Please join us for the best party in Darien!!!
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR
Saturday, September 17, 2016
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm