The Darien Nature Center hosts birthday parties for children 3 years and older. We provide a “party hostess” to work with you to create the party best suited to your child’s age and interests.
Critter Birthday ( for ages 2 and up)
- Celebrate your child’s special day with a hands-on animals presentation. The hostess will present your choice of age appropriate animals that will this a party to remember.
- The children will take an “I Spy” hike on the trails. They will search for several different wonders of the woods.
- A craft or game will be substituted in case of inclement weather.
1 – 12 guests $250
|Critter parties run for 1-1/2 hours. You may come 15 minutes early to set-up the party room. *includes $25 assistant fee for parties with over 13 guests.|
Treasure Hunt Party: (ages 5+ up) features a treasure hunt on the trails and a live animal presentation. Your goody bags will be used as the “treasure”. Treasure Hunt parties run for 1 hour and 45 minutes. You may come 15 minutes prior to set up and are responsible for party clean up.
1-12 children $325 (includes additional assistant)
13-20 children $375 (includes additional assistant)
Treasure Hunt / Critter Party
Ages 5 and up
Celebrate your child’s special day with a hands-on animal presentation. The hostess will present your choice of age appropriate animals that will make this a party to remember. Also, using maps and clues, children will hunt for hidden treasure in our wonderful Cherry Lawn Park in an age appropriate Treasure Hunt. This party is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
1 ~ 12 guests $300
Campfire Party (ages 7+ up) features a treasure hunt on the trails, a live animals presentation and a campfire. Hot dogs and s’mores can be brought to cook on the fire. Campfire parties run for 2 hours. You may come 15 minutes prior to set up and are responsible for party clean up.
1-16 children $350 (includes additional assistant)
$200 (local Darien)
$300 (out of Darien)
|Home parties run for 1 hour. Room should be available for hostess when he/she arrives with animals.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Parents provide all food, beverages and paper goods for your party.
- Please ask your guest to come dress appropriately for the weather.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served.
- No balloons please.
- Guests include children, parents, siblings, etc…
- Please do not use live animals for goodie bags, (fish, frogs, turtles, etc…).
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a date.
- If you are paying the balance of your party with a credit card please do so before the party date. Hostess can not accept a credit card.
- Questions? Call Tory (203) 655-7459